Employers and Employees in Singapore are required to submit a verification proof during the work pass application for their new joiners if the qualification is from an institution that is not in the drop-down list on the MOM (Ministry of Manpower) site. The verification proof has to confirm that the qualification is both authentic and accredited.
This is applicable to ALL foreign nationals who plan to work in Singapore. They must have a valid work pass (also known as work visa) before they start working in Singapore.
How does one qualify
to get a work pass?
Foreign professionals need the following to get a work pass:
An existing job offer in Singapore.
Is in a managerial, executive, or specialized position
Apply for Employment Pass (S-Pass or E-Pass) - For foreign professionals, managers and executives. Candidates need to earn at least $5,000 a month.
Apply for Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass or ONE Pass - Candidates who earned a fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000 (or its equivalent in foreign currency
More experienced candidates must meet higher salary requirement
Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialized skills.
- All nationalities can apply for an Employment Pass. Each application is evaluated based on the candidate’s salary, work experience, set of skills, and rankings of educational institutions.
- Employers and employees can go to the Self-Assessment Tool on MOM site https://www.mom.gov.sg/ to determine if the institution is in the MOM list or not.
- For Employment Pass: 2 types of checks are needed: i) Education Verification Check ii) Institution Accreditation Check. If the Educational Institution is in MOM database, in most cases, Institution Accreditation Check is not needed unless otherwise advised by MOM.
- For ONE Pass: Employment Details Check is required.
Avvanz, a Gold Medal awarded Global Background Screening company capable of conducting more than 20 types of checks across 150+ countries, can help you process your checks quickly and cost-effectively. Our highly automated ScreenGlobal
- We offer the most competitive price for Institution Accreditation Check at only $70 USD and for Education Certificates Verification, price depends on country of issue which starts from $10 USD onwards.
- Fast Turnaround Time
- Easy to order and pay at www.avvanz.com/screenglobal
Let us hand hold you. Contact us at email@example.com or Call us at 6403 3836.
You can also view this Video Guide: MOM Video Guide