AFP or Australian Federal Police Checks or National Police Checks are critical checks amongst other background checks for employers to assess a candidate and his/her suitability to a role.
This check will reveal any disclosable court outcomes and pending charges as recorded by all Australian police databases and in conjunction with spent convictions legislation.
AFP Checks are usually required for purposes such as:
- Recruiting for Federal Government departments
- Legislation or regulatory requirements
- Industry specific compliance requirements like BFSI or Banking, Finance and Insurance
- International employment
- A general recruitment practice to avoid any wrongful hires
Documents required include:
- Completely filled AFP Form
- Additional guides such as the 100 points identification system are included in the AFP Form to check if the IDs provided by the candidate comply with the criminal check requirement (as one ID will not suffice entirely) and Avvanz will provide complete guidance in filling this out.
Avvanz’s AFP Checks are obtained directly from the Australian Federal Police and Avvanz’s multi-award winning Background Screening Platform – ScreenGlobal – https://www.avvanz.com/screenglobal – allows you to easily order checks online and deliver the Final Report to you via email. (Below is a screenshot from ScreenGlobal).
With Avvanz’s help, you can cut all hassle and to-and-fro timewasters.
This check obtains information directly from the Australian Federal Police and will reveal any disclosable court outcomes and pending charges as recorded by all Australian Police Service databases and in conjunction with spend convictions legislation.
Turn-Around Time is +/- 18 business days.
- Completely filled AFP(Australian Federal Police) Form
- Additional guides such as the ‘100 points identification’ system are included in the AFP Form to check if the IDs provided by the candidate comply with the criminal check requirement (as one ID will not suffer entirely) and a guide can be found at the end of the document to serve as an aid in filling out the code number field(top left box in AFP Application Form)
Other options available for which you need to select in the subchecks if you want to add them:
- Banned Persons Check
Avvanz has prepared a video that details the entire process of obtaining an AFP Check.