Avvanz is committed to protecting your privacy as a consumer reporting agency authorized by the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other applicable state and federal regulations.
This Policy also applies to personal information provided by Avvanz clients, as well as their job applicants and employees (as well as other individuals who have provided written authorization for Avvanz’s clients to conduct a background investigation on them), when using Avvanz’s online background screening solution, which is only accessible through an access-restricted portion of Avvanz’s website. Avvanz will only collect, keep, and utilize personally identifiable information in accordance with relevant laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
We commit to ensuring compliance with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality regarding all personal or sensitive personal information submitted to us by our data subjects.
1.1.“Personal Data” The term “data” refers to information about an individual, such as their telephone number, email address, NRIC number, financial details, home address, employment details, educational qualifications, and transaction activity in relation to the purchase of services from us or from that data in combination with other information to which we may have access.
2. Purposes for which we collect, use, share and disclose your Personal Data.
2.1. Your personal information may be collected, shared, used, and/or disclosed for the following purposes with consent and to the extent allowed by law:
- When you visit our websites or when you use or purchase our services, register for an online account with us, respond to our promotions, campaigns, or other initiatives, or attend our events; you’re helping us create a better experience for our customers;
- When you communicate with our customer service officers, for example by meeting, email, or telephone call, you are hereby consenting to have these communications recorded;
- When we receive information about you from third-party social networking services, you choose to connect with them;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, e.g., where you have consented to be referred by them;
- When you participate in any survey or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners (including by submitting photos);
- For video recordings, (CCTV) when visiting our premises or photo or video recordings at events;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any reason, you are consenting to our processing of that information for that specific reason.; and/or
- When we collect your Personal Data by lawful means, we will notify you.
- To verify and process your personal particulars and payments, billing, account, credit checks, and debt-recovery matters;
- To respond and deal with inquiries, complaints, and other customer-care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- To monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation, and identity verification purposes;
- To conduct investigations or audits or carry out crime and fraud prevention and risk management activities;
- To facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions, or asset sales);
2.2. Your Personal Data may be shared with people who work for us, other companies, or groups that help us do our job. These people might include people like officers and employees, suppliers, and advisors:
- Banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
- Credit information companies;
- Our business partners and authorized distributors, dealers, or resellers;
- Relevant government regulators or authorities or law enforcement agencies;
- Our insurers and advisors, including consultants, auditors, and lawyers;
- Data intermediaries; and
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data.
2.3. Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that such parties receiving your Personal Data (i) are under a duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention, and/or transfer of your Personal Data; and (ii) have the need to know or handle such Personal Data.
2.4. Likewise, we will only collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for due diligence to background screening activities and/or marketing purposes where you have consented to us doing so after being informed of such purposes and the consequences of providing consent.
2.5. Avvanz does not rent, lease or sell to any third party its client list or any personal information it receives as a result of any service contracts it enters into with its clients.
2.6. Avvanz may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers in order to provide some or all of the required screening services, to contact you for the purposes you have consented to, and to help us with our website or operations. The third-party service providers whom we engage will be contractually prohibited from using your personal information except to provide the required services to Avvanz and they are required to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information.
2.7. Your data may be transferred to a country or territory outside of the USA, but we will make sure that the Personal Data is protected at least as well as it is under the Personal Data Protection Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This means that the Personal Data will be protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure:
- We take all appropriate steps to make sure that our customers comply with our data handling policies. We also take measures to protect the data in the same way as the law requires.; and
- Protects Personal Data by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification.
2.8. You warrant and represent to us that (a) the Personal Data which you disclose to us is accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer Personal Data of another person to us, that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such Personal Data to us, and that such Personal Data is accurate and complete.
2.9. You should consult your parents or guardian before giving us your personal data if you are under the age of eighteen.
- Withdrawal of Consent & Access
3.1.You can choose to stop us from using and sharing your personal data, or you can ask us for access to it (to a certain extent and as permitted by the Act), at any time by writing to the Office of our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive our emails or other marketing messages, you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe options that are listed on our emails or on other marketing messages.
3.2. If you no longer want to get services from us, you agree that we may not be able to provide those services to you anymore, and we won’t be responsible if that happens. It could take up to thirty days for us to notice that you’ve withdrawn your consent within 30 days to be reflected in the system.
3.3. We will respond to your request in writing within 30 days how your personal data has been used or disclosed in the past year. If we can’t do that within that time, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and give you a reasonable administrative cost for getting the information you request under applicable laws.
- Accuracy & Correction
4.1. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we use is sufficiently accurate and complete in making any decision that impacts you.
4.2.By informing us of any changes to your Personal Data, you help us keep it accurate and up-to-date. We will respond within 30 days with an update or correction.
- Protection, Policies, and Procedures
5.1.We will take steps to keep your Personal Data safe from people who might want to access or use it without your permission. We will use appropriate security measures to make sure that no one can access or use your Personal Data without your permission. We work to make sure our systems are safe and meet industry standards. To keep your information safe, we have put in place some safety measures, like keeping it in a secure place. We also make sure that the information is accurate and use it only for the right things. Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, by providing your Personal Data, you are acknowledging that there is a risk of data transmission over the Internet not being completely secure and by providing your Personal Data, you are transmitting information at your own risk.
- Retention and Disposal of Personal Data
6.1 We shall retain your Personal Data only for the period necessary as long as you continue using our products or services and/or as required by any contract, and as necessary for our business or legal purposes. Thereafter, your information shall be disposed of in such a manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure.
7.1. We collect information on the activity on our website, such as how many visitors came and what pages they visited, for you to have a full and excellent user experience of the functionality of the website.
7.2. Cookies are small pieces of data that are automatically stored on an end user’s hard drive and are commonly used to track preferences regarding the subject matter of this website. If you enable these cookies, your web browser will add the text in a small file. If you want to be notified when we place cookies on your computer, you can either change your browser settings or refuse to accept cookies altogether. However, you may not be able to use some of the features on our website if you do this.
7.3.When you visit our website, we will store some information on your computer or mobile device. This includes cookies, which are small pieces of information that are stored on your device.We also use other technologies, to help us keep track of which pages you have visited and how long you have spent on them. We also allow our representatives or agents to access this information. This means that we can keep track of what you are doing on our website and improve it.
- Rights as Data Subjects
8.1 Data subjects may ask Avvanz to refrain or discontinue collecting, processing, request for correction, access to your personal data, using, or disclosing their information at any time.
8.2 Avvanz ensures to maintain the accuracy and integrity of your personal information. If you provided Avvanz with personal information (such as your zip code, phone number, e-mail address, or postal address) while visiting Avvanz’s publicly accessible website and desire to change such personal information (if any), please e-mail us at email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from any of our newsletters or other messages for which you have registered.
8.3 If you have a registered account with Avvanz, you may review (and amend) your account information by logging in. If you are an individual for whom an Avvanz client has requested a background screening investigation and have provided personal information to Avvanz at the request of such a client in order to obtain a background report, you can review your Avvanz file in accordance with your file disclosure rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, California Civil Code Section 1786.22, and any other applicable state laws by contacting Avvanz’s Customer Service Department.
- Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
- Children under Age 13
Avvanz does not provide services to minors under the age of 13, and this website is not intended for them. Avvanz does not collect information from minors under the age of 13.
- Contact us
If you are a current candidate with questions and disputes, concerning your background report, please contact our DPO contact details:
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer/s to oversee our compliance with the Information Rights. If you have any questions, requests, or feedback about your personal data, please contact us:
The Data Protection Officer
1850 Mountain Blvd, Oakland,
CA 94611, United States
In compliance with California Civil Code 1786.20, the representatives listed above will be able to provide you with additional information about our privacy practices and policies in the event that your information is compromised, you may also refer to https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/statutes/fair-credit-reporting-act, https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa,https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/rules/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-coppa.
Effective Date: 16 May 2023