In this Part 3 of Avvanz’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Webinar, our panelists from Singapore, UK and India discussed:
- What is Safeguarding and Child Protection and what are the key aspects of it that are relevant and imperative in today’s crisis period?
- What is the level of understanding of safeguarding and child protection in different parts of the world?
- One of the key areas of Safeguarding and Child Protection is “Safer Recruitment”. Why this is critical and what measures can be taken to strengthen safer recruitment?
- How do you think background checks can help to ensure safeguarding and child protection?
- With online learning, what are the possible risks and how can they be mitigated?
- How can we ensure the learning experience is equitable during this time? / Were there any challenges that you needed to address as you transitioned to online learning during lockdown?
- What additional safeguarding considerations and measures you took to ensure that children were safe?
- What has been the biggest learning for you in these 3 months of school during Covid? / Based on your experience in the last 3 months what was the most useful element of your educational program?
- What have been some challenges that you are still trying to overcome?
- How do you plan to support children as they return to school so that they can continue to thrive in their learning?
Shots taken during Webinar: